See All News
April 26, 2014
Right Seat Course
Tell all your non-pilot flying companions Aviation Adventures is offering a course for the frequent right seat occupant titled "Right Seat Course: What If the Worst Happens?" You, a non-pilot, are riding in a flying airplane when the only pilot on board becomes incapacitated. What could be worse than that? Completion of this course will prepare you for just that situation.
The course is presented in two parts. A three-hour ground session followed, on the same day or on a later date, by a flight of approximately one hour duration. The objectives of the ground session are:
1. To know, intectually, how to safely complete a flight after the pilot becomes incapacitated.
2. Be well prepared to apply that knowledge in an in-flight practice scenario.
3. Gain knowledge helpful on normail flights, allowing you to be a useful co-pilot.
The cost of the ground session is $60 and will be presented in Leesburg Airport Terminal Building 2nd floor conference room on Saturday, April 26th from 9:00am to 11:30am.
The objectives of the flight session are for you to:
1. Apply the knowledge you acquired in ground school to an in-flight practice scenario.
2. Safely land the airplane.
3. Gain bragging rights - "I can fly any airplane in the world!"
The cost for this session will be ala Carte at the normal hourly rates for the airplane and instructor used. You can plan on between 1 and 1.3 hours airplane time and between 1.5 and 2 hours instructor time. The flight session can be scheduled any time after the completion of the ground session at any Aviation Adventures location.
Please call the Leesburg office to reserve your place in the ground school and schedule your flight.